Frequently asked questions about the travel voucher
The answers below apply to travel vouchers that were issued due to the Covid-19 health crisis.
What is a travel voucher?
- In the current context of the Covid-19 crisis, a travel voucher is a personal, non-transferable credit, which is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- It can be used to purchase a ticket or extra options from the Air France and KLM websites or ticket offices, for a flight with Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines, or Virgin Atlantic.
- The ticket or paid options issued in exchange for the travel voucher must match the first and last name of the voucher holder.
Please note: If you received a voucher between 1 March 2019 and 31 December 2020 inclusive, and have not yet used it, its validity is extended to 31 December 2021.
When and how will I receive my travel voucher?
We will send your voucher to the e-mail address you provided in your booking or online refund form. Refund requests usually take 7 days to process but may take up to several weeks due to the large volume of requests we are currently receiving. If there are several tickets or paid options in your booking file, your vouchers may be sent separately.
How do I use my travel voucher?
Visit the www.airfrance.com website.
- Log in to your account to view your voucher(s).
- At the time of payment, select or enter your voucher number (starting with 057) in the “Discount code, voucher or gift card” field and click on “Apply”. Your voucher value will be automatically deducted from the total amount due.
Can I use the same voucher multiple times?
Yes, you can use your travel voucher for multiple transactions. If the price of your new ticket or paid option is lower than the value of your voucher, the residual balance will be converted into a new travel voucher, which will retain the same conditions as the original voucher (refundable, non-refundable).
What happens if there is a difference between the price of my new ticket and the value of my voucher?
- If the price of your new ticket or paid option is lower than the value of your voucher, the residual balance will be converted into a new travel voucher, which will retain the same conditions as the original voucher (refundable, non-refundable).
- If the price of your new ticket is higher than the value of your travel voucher, you will have to pay the price difference through one of the payment options on our website.
Can I use more than 1 voucher to pay for my ticket? Or use them to pay for more than 1 person in my booking?
Yes, you can use up to 2 travel vouchers per person, provided that the first and last names in the booking match those in the travel vouchers. You can use up to 3 travel vouchers maximum per booking.
Is my travel voucher refundable?
TRAVEL VOUCHER FOR A PAID OPTION
How do I obtain a travel voucher or a refund for my paid options? In all cases, your paid option(s) will be refunded in the same way as your ticket, regardless of the reason for the cancellation of your trip.
- If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the option will also be refunded.
- If a travel voucher has been issued for your ticket, the option will also be subject to a travel voucher.Important: In some cases, the amount of the option cannot be credited to a travel voucher. However, your option can still be used. To do so, when making your next booking, please provide your sales agent with the original reference number of the paid option (starting with 057).
We are making every effort to ensure that you will soon be able to use these travel vouchers online. How do I use a voucher to purchase an option for a trip I have already booked? Go to "My Bookings" to find your booking and then choose the option you would like to add. On the payment page, enter your travel voucher number (starting with 057) in the “Have a discount code, voucher or gift card” field and click “Add”. The value of your voucher will be automatically deducted from the total amount due.